A prayer for those who have no joy on St. Valentine's Day
The single young woman who thought she would be married years ago but still finds herself wondering if it will ever happen.
The man who can't feel his wife's arms around him, because her body now rests in the ground.
The newly divorced woman who has been betrayed and abandoned and left feeling unworthy.
The man who cares for an ailing wife who hasn't remembered his name in years.
The childless couple who has prayed and fasted and maybe even begged that you might bless them with a child, yet their arms remain empty.
The children--OH GOD, THE CHILDREN--who have never seen love in the eyes of another human being. Father, these precious babies and toddlers and kids of all ages who have never been embraced or kissed or cuddled, who have never heard the words "I love you", and who have no idea what GRACE looks like.
Every variation of a broken heart or broken relationship-- too many to mention each one individually.
Lord, would you fill their hearts with the soothing balm of the gospel of Christ this morning? Father, penetrate their very souls not just with a warm fuzzy feeling, but with the POWER of your Spirit. Give them fresh HOPE, redeeming LOVE, unsurpassable PEACE in the midst of difficult circumstances. Speak to them tenderly in ways that the words of another human being could never fulfill, and ignite their passions toward YOU in such a way that emptiness is filled, pain is comforted, and all of the questions are replaced by knowledge of your love for them and your true desire to give only what YOU know is best for them. Father, love them generously. Love them personally. Love them powerfully as only you can. And do so in such a way that brings all glory back to you where it belongs.
Praying in the name of JESUS CHRIST, the ultimate perfect and holy picture of LOVE on this Valentine's Day and every day.
More Acts of Prayers
Showing 1 - 305 of 305
A Guide for Confession
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Iraqi church formerly defaced by ISIS rededicated on Assumption feast
- Daily Readings for Saturday, August 17, 2019
- NEW COURSE - Confirmation with 'Certificate of Completion' - COMING SOON!
- Planned Parenthood to pull out of Title X program
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Confirmation with Certificate of Completion coming soon to Catholic ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 19th, 2019 HD Video
- In Ireland, Catholic group warns of housing discrimination against ...
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- These are the Seven Most Powerful Prayers in History
- Pope Francis Says Yoga Doesn't Lead Us to God - Health & Wellness
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, August 16th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 18th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, August 15th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 17th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.