A prayer for those who have no joy on St. Valentine's Day
The single young woman who thought she would be married years ago but still finds herself wondering if it will ever happen.
The man who can't feel his wife's arms around him, because her body now rests in the ground.
The newly divorced woman who has been betrayed and abandoned and left feeling unworthy.
The man who cares for an ailing wife who hasn't remembered his name in years.
The childless couple who has prayed and fasted and maybe even begged that you might bless them with a child, yet their arms remain empty.
The children--OH GOD, THE CHILDREN--who have never seen love in the eyes of another human being. Father, these precious babies and toddlers and kids of all ages who have never been embraced or kissed or cuddled, who have never heard the words "I love you", and who have no idea what GRACE looks like.
Every variation of a broken heart or broken relationship-- too many to mention each one individually.
Lord, would you fill their hearts with the soothing balm of the gospel of Christ this morning? Father, penetrate their very souls not just with a warm fuzzy feeling, but with the POWER of your Spirit. Give them fresh HOPE, redeeming LOVE, unsurpassable PEACE in the midst of difficult circumstances. Speak to them tenderly in ways that the words of another human being could never fulfill, and ignite their passions toward YOU in such a way that emptiness is filled, pain is comforted, and all of the questions are replaced by knowledge of your love for them and your true desire to give only what YOU know is best for them. Father, love them generously. Love them personally. Love them powerfully as only you can. And do so in such a way that brings all glory back to you where it belongs.
Praying in the name of JESUS CHRIST, the ultimate perfect and holy picture of LOVE on this Valentine's Day and every day.
More Acts of Prayers
Showing 1 - 305 of 305
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- ISIS threatens Pope Francis, Catholics with disturbing propaganda images
- Who is serving in the President's Cabinet? Here's the list
- Christians in the Philippines join campaign against Christian persecution
- St. Cecilia: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Intro to Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe for a New Culture of Life HD ...
- Islamic State threatens Pope Francis in gory propaganda ad HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 HD
- Atheist plans to build a Robot God for other Atheists to worship HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way