The Seven Deadly Sins
We should not be satisfied merely to keep the commandments of God, but should always be ready to do good deeds, even when they are not commanded. The commandments of God state the minimum requirements for salvation. They should be kept not merely according to the letter, but also according to the spirit, which obliges us to strive for greater perfection.
Actual sin is any willful thought, desire, word, action or ommission forbidden by the law of God.
Unrestrained appreciation of our own worth.
Immoderate desire for earthly goods.
Hankering for impure pleasures.
Inordinate desire for revenge.
Unrestrained use of food and drink.
Sorrow over another's good fortune.
Laxity in keeping the Faith and the practice of virtue, due to the effort involved.
THE FOUR SINS CRYING TO HEAVEN FOR VENGEANCE
- Willful murder (including abortion)
- The sin of Sodom.
- Oppression of the poor.
- Defrauding laborers of their wages.
THE SIX SINS AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Presumption of God's mercy.
- Impugning the known truth.
- Envy at another's spiritual good.
- Obstinacy in sin.
- Final impenitence.
NINE WAYS OF BEING ACCESSORY TO ANOTHER'S SIN
- By counsel.
- By command.
- By consent.
- By provocation.
- By praise or flattery.
- By concealment.
- By partaking.
- By silence.
- By defense of the ill done
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Come, Holy Spirit, fill my heart with Your holy gifts. Let my weakness be penetrated with Your strength this very day that I may fulfill all the duties of my state conscientiously, that I may do what is right and just. Let my charity be such as to offend no one, and hurt no one's feelings; so ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.