Act of Spiritual Communion #2
Though I am but a sinful srvant,
I approach Thee with confidence,
for Thou hast said in Thy goodness and mercy:
"Come to me all you that laboUr and are heavy laden,
and I will refresh you."
Thou wilt not despise a contrite and humble heart.
I am truly sorry for having offended Thee by my sins,
because Thou art infinitely good.
I have wounded Thy Sacred Heart
by foolishly resisting Thy holy will
and transgressing Thy Commandments;
but I love Thee now with my whole heart
and above all things.
I adore Thee truly present on the Altar.
I have a great desire, dear Jesus,
to receive Thee in Holy Communion,
and since I cannot now approach the Holy Table
to be united to Thee in the Blessed Sacrament,
I beseech Thee most earnestly to come to me
at least spiritually
and to refresh my soul
with the sweetness of Thy grace.
Come, my Lord my God and my All!
Come to me,
and let me never again be separated from Thee by sin.
I wish to become like Thee.
Teach me Thy blessed ways;
help me with Thy grace to practice meekness,
humility, purity, charity,
and all the virtues of Thy Sacred Heart.
Oh Thou Lamb of God!
Who takest away the sins of the world,
take away from me whatever may hurt me
and displease Thee.
With St. Francis of Assisi I pray:
'May the fire of Thy love consume my soul,
so that I may die to self and the world
for love of Thee,
Who hast vouchsafed to die on the Cross
for the love of me!'
Jesus, I consecrate to Thee my heart
with all its affections,
my soul with all its powers,
and my body with all its senses.
In union with Thee I will labour and suffer
to do the Heavenly Father's will.
I will ever be mindful of the presence of my God
and strive to be perfect.
Bless me in life and in death
that I may praise Thee forever in Heaven.
More Acts of Prayers
Showing 1 - 305 of 305
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Former Vatican Diplomat found guilty of child pornography charges
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 25, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 25, 2018
- The Rosary Priest still inspires decades after death
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of immigration HD
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education