The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How Catholic Online, LLC Uses Your Personal Information
This policy covers how Catholic Online, LLC treats personal information that Catholic Online, LLC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Catholic Online, LLC products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Catholic Online, LLC does not own or control, or to people that Catholic Online, LLC does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Catholic Online, LLC collects personal information when you register with Catholic Online, LLC, when you use Catholic Online, LLC products or services, when you visit Catholic Online, LLC pages or the pages of certain Catholic Online, LLC partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Catholic Online, LLC may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we might also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. When you register with Catholic Online, LLC and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Catholic Online, LLC collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
Catholic Online, LLC automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Catholic Online, LLC cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
Catholic Online, LLC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
When a child under age 13 attempts to register with Catholic Online, LLC, we ask the child to have a parent or guardian obtain parental permission.
Catholic Online, LLC does not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
Catholic Online, LLC does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Catholic Online, LLC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Catholic Online, LLC under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Catholic Online, LLC communicate with you about offers from Catholic Online, LLC and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Catholic Online, LLC to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Catholic Online, LLC sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Catholic Online, LLC displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria: for example, men ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Catholic Online, LLC does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Catholic Online, LLC advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
Catholic Online, LLC works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Catholic Online, LLC may set and access Catholic Online, LLC cookies on your computer.
Catholic Online, LLC lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Catholic Online, LLC's cookies.
Catholic Online, LLC uses web beacons to access Catholic Online, LLC cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Catholic Online, LLC products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You can edit your Catholic Online, LLC Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Catholic Online, LLC service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Catholic Online, LLC Newsletters that are considered part of your Catholic Online, LLC account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
You can delete your Catholic Online, LLC account by visiting our Account Deletion page. Please click here to read about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Parents can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child's Catholic Online, LLC account.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Catholic Online, LLC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Catholic Online, LLC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
Catholic Online, LLC
P.O. Box 9686
Bakersfield, CA 93389
Effective Date: October 13, 2009
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Dismas: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.