Job - Chapter 21
4 Is my complaint just about a fellow-mortal? I have good grounds to be perturbed!
9 The peace of their houses has nothing to fear, the rod that God wields is not for them.
11 They let their infants frisk like lambs, their children dance like deer.
13 They end their lives in happiness and go down in peace to Sheol.
16 Surely they have won their own prosperity, since God is kept so far from their plans?
17 Do we often see the light of the wicked put out, or disaster overtake him, or the retribution of God destroy his possessions,
19 So God is storing up punishment for his children? But the wicked himself should be punished, and should know it!
22 But who can teach wisdom to God, to him who is judge of those on high?
24 thighs padded with fat and the marrow in the bones good and moist.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
Gospel, Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24
Reading 2, Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- An Irish Story: The History of Catholic America
- St. Joseph: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 19, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Not Decoration: Pope Francis emphasizes the importance of the crucifix
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education