3 John - Chapter 1
3 John Chapters
2 My dear friend, I hope everything is going happily with you and that you are as well physically as you are spiritually.
3 It was a great joy to me when some brothers came and told of your faithfulness to the truth, and of your life in the truth.
4 It is always my greatest joy to hear that my children are living according to the truth.
8 it is our duty to welcome people of this sort and contribute our share to their work for the truth.
10 So if I come, I shall tell everyone how he has behaved, and about the wicked accusations he has been circulating against us. As if that were not enough, he not only refuses to welcome our brothers, but prevents from doing so other people who would have liked to, and expels them from the church.
14 However, I hope to see you soon and talk to you in person.
Reading 1, Isaiah 7:10-14: 10 Yahweh spoke to Ahaz again and said:11 Ask Yahweh your God ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 11: 7 then I said, 'Here I am, I am coming.' ... Gospel, Luke 1:26-38: 26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Margaret Clitherow: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.