Isaiah - Chapter 1
11 'What are your endless sacrifices to me?' says Yahweh. 'I am sick of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of calves. I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
13 Bring no more futile cereal offerings, the smoke from them fills me with disgust. New Moons, Sabbaths, assemblies -- I cannot endure solemnity combined with guilt.
19 If you are willing to obey, you shall eat the good things of the earth.
21 The faithful city, what a harlot she has become! Zion, once full of fair judgement, where saving justice used to dwell, but now assassins!
27 Zion will be redeemed by fair judgement, and those who return, by saving justice.
30 For you will be like a terebinth with faded leaves, like a garden without water;
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:8-15: 8 Thus says Yahweh: At the time of my favour I have answered ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18: 8 Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to ... Gospel, John 5:17-30: 17 His answer to them was, 'My Father still goes on working, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Victims of a failing system or child abusers? Couple leaves young ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.