Leviticus - Chapter 1
1 Yahweh summoned Moses and, speaking to him from the Tent of Meeting, said,
3 "If his offering is to be a burnt offering from the herd, he must offer an unblemished male; he will offer it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, to make it acceptable to Yahweh.
4 He must lay his hand on the victim's head, and it will be accepted as effectual for his expiation.
6 He will then skin the victim and quarter it.
14 "If his offering to Yahweh is to be a burnt offering of a bird, he must offer a turtledove or a young pigeon.
17 He will then split it in half with a wing on each side, but without separating the two parts. The priest will then burn it on the altar, on the wood which is on the fire, as a burnt offering, food burnt as a smell pleasing to Yahweh." '
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 100:1-2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel, Luke 7:11-17
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Religious priest named auxiliary bishop of Hartford
- Youth to meet with Pope Francis during October synod
- Tedeum en Chile: Nuestra Iglesia vive un tiempo de purificacion como ...
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, September 17th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education