Philippians - Chapter 1
3 I thank my God whenever I think of you,
4 and every time I pray for you all, I always pray with joy
5 for your partnership in the gospel from the very first day up to the present.
7 It is only right that I should feel like this towards you all, because you have a place in my heart, since you have all shared together in the grace that has been mine, both my chains and my work defending and establishing the gospel.
12 Now I want you to realise, brothers, that the circumstances of my present life are helping rather than hindering the advance of the gospel.
13 My chains in Christ have become well known not only to all the Praetorium, but to everybody else,
14 and so most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my chains and are getting more and more daring in announcing the Message without any fear.
15 It is true that some of them are preaching Christ out of malice and rivalry; but there are many as well whose intentions are good;
17 There are others who are proclaiming Christ out of jealousy, not in sincerity but meaning to add to the weight of my chains.
18 But what does it matter? Only that in both ways, whether with false motives or true, Christ is proclaimed, and for that I am happy;
20 all in accordance with my most confident hope and trust that I shall never have to admit defeat, but with complete fearlessness I shall go on, so that now, as always, Christ will be glorified in my body, whether by my life or my death.
27 But you must always behave in a way that is worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come to you and see for myself or whether I only hear all about you from a distance, I shall find that you are standing firm and united in spirit, battling, as a team with a single aim, for the faith of the gospel.
28 undismayed by any of your opponents. This will be a clear sign, for them that they are to be lost, and for you that you are to be saved.
29 This comes from God, for you have been granted the privilege for Christ's sake not only of believing in him but of suffering for him as well;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 132:11, 12, 13-14, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 6:19-23
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Thomas More, the Man for This Season - for Christians Who Will Not ...
- Pope's climate warning to oil-gas executives: 'There is no time to lose'
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 22, 2018
- Burger making machine arrives, is this the end of fast-food McJobs? ...
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 24th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Thomas More: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 22, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 HD
- This could be the worldĂ˘Â€Â™s deadliest, most perfect disease. HereĂ˘Â€Â™s why HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 22nd, 2018 HD
- WhatĂ˘Â€Â™s happening at the border, and what does the Catholic Church have to say? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education