Philippians - Chapter 1
3 I thank my God whenever I think of you,
4 and every time I pray for you all, I always pray with joy
5 for your partnership in the gospel from the very first day up to the present.
7 It is only right that I should feel like this towards you all, because you have a place in my heart, since you have all shared together in the grace that has been mine, both my chains and my work defending and establishing the gospel.
12 Now I want you to realise, brothers, that the circumstances of my present life are helping rather than hindering the advance of the gospel.
13 My chains in Christ have become well known not only to all the Praetorium, but to everybody else,
14 and so most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my chains and are getting more and more daring in announcing the Message without any fear.
15 It is true that some of them are preaching Christ out of malice and rivalry; but there are many as well whose intentions are good;
17 There are others who are proclaiming Christ out of jealousy, not in sincerity but meaning to add to the weight of my chains.
18 But what does it matter? Only that in both ways, whether with false motives or true, Christ is proclaimed, and for that I am happy;
20 all in accordance with my most confident hope and trust that I shall never have to admit defeat, but with complete fearlessness I shall go on, so that now, as always, Christ will be glorified in my body, whether by my life or my death.
27 But you must always behave in a way that is worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come to you and see for myself or whether I only hear all about you from a distance, I shall find that you are standing firm and united in spirit, battling, as a team with a single aim, for the faith of the gospel.
28 undismayed by any of your opponents. This will be a clear sign, for them that they are to be lost, and for you that you are to be saved.
29 This comes from God, for you have been granted the privilege for Christ's sake not only of believing in him but of suffering for him as well;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Church tricked into hosting satanic fashion show
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD