Genesis - Chapter 1
FREE Catholic Classes
- « Prev
- Next »
4 God saw that light was good, and God divided light from darkness.
9 God said, 'Let the waters under heaven come together into a single mass, and let dry land appear.' And so it was.
12 The earth produced vegetation: the various kinds of seed-bearing plants and the fruit trees with seed inside, each corresponding to its own species. God saw that it was good.
17 God set them in the vault of heaven to shine on the earth,
18 to govern the day and the night and to divide light from darkness. God saw that it was good.
21 God created great sea-monsters and all the creatures that glide and teem in the waters in their own species, and winged birds in their own species. God saw that it was good.
25 God made wild animals in their own species, and cattle in theirs, and every creature that crawls along the earth in its own species. God saw that it was good.
26 God said, 'Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild animals and all the creatures that creep along the ground.'
28 God blessed them, saying to them, 'Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth.'
29 God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth, and all the trees with seed-bearing fruit; this will be your food.
30 And to all the wild animals, all the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that creep along the ground, I give all the foliage of the plants as their food.' And so it was.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 15:2-3, 3-4, 5
Gospel, Luke 19:1-10
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- Cardinal DiNardo calls for 'reasonable' gun control after Chicago ...
- NJ dioceses to form compensation program for child victims of ...
- New Mexico legislators want to repeal state's abortion ban
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Gelasius: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, November 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, November 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 19th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education