Habakkuk - Chapter 1
3 Why do you make me see wrong-doing, why do you countenance oppression? Plundering and violence confront me, contention and discord flourish.
5 Cast your eyes over the nations, look, and be amazed, astounded. For I am doing something in your own days which you will not believe if you are told of it.
6 For look, I am stirring up the Chaldaeans, that fierce and fiery nation who march miles across country to seize the homes of others.
7 They are dreadful and awesome, a law and authority to themselves.
11 Then the wind changes and is gone . . . Guilty is he who makes his strength his god.
13 Your eyes are too pure to rest on evil, you cannot look on at oppression. Why do you look on at those who play the traitor, why say nothing while the wicked swallows someone more upright than himself?
Reading 1, Genesis 15:1-12, 17-18: 1 Some time later, the word of Yahweh came to Abram in ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9: 1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh, call ... Gospel, Matthew 7:15-20: 15 'Beware of false prophets who come to you disguised as sheep ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD