Obadiah - Chapter 1
5 If thieves were to come to you (or robbers during the night) surely they would steal only as much as they wanted? If grape-pickers were to come to you, surely they would leave a few gleanings? But how you have been pillaged!
6 How Esau has been looted, his hidden treasures routed out!
7 Your allies all pursued you right to the frontier, your confederates kept you in suspense, then got the better of you, your own guests laid a trap for you, 'He has quite lost his wits.'
12 Do not feast your eyes on your brother on the day of his misfortune. Do not gloat over the children of Judah on the day of their ruin. Do not play the braggart on the day of distress.
13 Do not enter my people's gate on their day of calamity. Do not, you especially, feast your eyes on their suffering on their day of calamity. Do not touch their possessions on their day of calamity.
18 Then the House of Jacob will be a fire, the House of Joseph a flame, and the House of Esau like stubble. They will set it alight and burn it up, and no one of the House of Esau will survive. Yahweh has spoken.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- In the Kingdom of God No One is Unemployed
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Terrifying mass shooting at Nashville church leaves several injured
- Inspiring martyred Oklahoma priest officially beatified
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD