Mark - Chapter 1
1 The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2 It is written in the prophet Isaiah: Look, I am going to send my messenger in front of you to prepare your way before you.
4 John the Baptist was in the desert, proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
8 I have baptised you with water, but he will baptise you with the Holy Spirit.'
12 And at once the Spirit drove him into the desert
13 and he remained there for forty days, and was put to the test by Satan. He was with the wild animals, and the angels looked after him.
16 As he was walking along by the Lake of Galilee he saw Simon and Simon's brother Andrew casting a net in the lake -- for they were fishermen.
19 Going on a little further, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John; they too were in their boat, mending the nets.
24 'What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are: the Holy One of God.'
25 But Jesus rebuked it saying, 'Be quiet! Come out of him!'
27 The people were so astonished that they started asking one another what it all meant, saying, 'Here is a teaching that is new, and with authority behind it: he gives orders even to unclean spirits and they obey him.'
40 A man suffering from a virulent skin-disease came to him and pleaded on his knees saying, 'If you are willing, you can cleanse me.'
41 Feeling sorry for him, Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him and said to him, 'I am willing. Be cleansed.'
43 And at once Jesus sternly sent him away and said to him,
44 'Mind you tell no one anything, but go and show yourself to the priest, and make the offering for your cleansing prescribed by Moses as evidence to them.'
45 The man went away, but then started freely proclaiming and telling the story everywhere, so that Jesus could no longer go openly into any town, but stayed outside in deserted places. Even so, people from all around kept coming to him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- Income inequality - Here's why world poverty and hunger remain a ...
- St. Ildephonsus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education