Amos - Chapter 1
7 I shall send fire down on the walls of Gaza to devour its palaces;
9 Yahweh says this: For the three crimes, the four crimes of Tyre, I have made my decree and will not relent: because they have handed hosts of captives over to Edom, heedless of a covenant of brotherhood,
10 I shall send fire down on the walls of Tyre to devour its palaces.
11 Yahweh says this: For the three crimes, the four crimes of Edom, I have made my decree and will not relent: because he has pursued his brother with the sword, because he has stifled any sense of pity, and perpetually nursed his anger and constantly cherished his rage,
13 Yahweh says this: For the three crimes, the four crimes of the Ammonites, I have made my decree and will not relent: because they have disembowelled the pregnant women of Gilead in order to extend their own frontiers,
14 I shall light a fire against the walls of Rabbah to devour its palaces amid war cries on the day of battle, in a whirlwind on the day of storm,
Reading 1, Sirach 17:1-15: 1 The Lord fashioned human beings from the earth, to consign ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:13-14, 15-16, 17-18: 13 As tenderly as a father treats his ... Gospel, Mark 10:13-16: 13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Thank you, Lord, for always being ...
- Christians warn against witches 'binding spell' of U.S. President ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.