Ephesians - Chapter 1
4 Thus he chose us in Christ before the world was made to be holy and faultless before him in love,
6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, his free gift to us in the Beloved,
8 which he has showered on us in all wisdom and insight.
12 chosen to be, for the praise of his glory, the people who would put their hopes in Christ before he came.
14 who is the pledge of our inheritance, for the freedom of the people whom God has taken for his own, for the praise of his glory.
16 have never failed to thank God for you and to remember you in my prayers.
19 and how extraordinarily great is the power that he has exercised for us believers; this accords with the strength of his power
20 at work in Christ, the power which he exercised in raising him from the dead and enthroning him at his right hand, in heaven,
Reading 1, Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12: 1 He brought me back to the entrance of the Temple, where a ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9: 2 so we shall not be afraid though the earth ... Gospel, John 5:1-3, 5-16: 1 After this there was a Jewish festival, and Jesus went up to ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- 'Adoration of the Magi,' painted by master painter Leonardo da Vinci, ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.