Ephesians - Chapter 1
4 Thus he chose us in Christ before the world was made to be holy and faultless before him in love,
6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, his free gift to us in the Beloved,
8 which he has showered on us in all wisdom and insight.
12 chosen to be, for the praise of his glory, the people who would put their hopes in Christ before he came.
14 who is the pledge of our inheritance, for the freedom of the people whom God has taken for his own, for the praise of his glory.
16 have never failed to thank God for you and to remember you in my prayers.
19 and how extraordinarily great is the power that he has exercised for us believers; this accords with the strength of his power
20 at work in Christ, the power which he exercised in raising him from the dead and enthroning him at his right hand, in heaven,
Reading 1, Exodus 11:10--12:14: 10 Moses and Aaron worked all these wonders in Pharaoh's ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 15-16, 17-18: 12 What return can I make to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 12:1-8: 1 At that time Jesus went through the cornfields one Sabbath day. ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat ...
- Many Blessings! Family celebrates 100 children
- St. Lawrence of Brindisi: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Vatican says report on abuse in Germany shows progress in fight ...
- Abortion, lies, and corruption. How we are being betrayed by those we ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 HD
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD