John - Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
4 What has come into being in him was life, life that was the light of men;
6 A man came, sent by God. His name was John.
7 He came as a witness, to bear witness to the light, so that everyone might believe through him.
8 He was not the light, he was to bear witness to the light.
12 But to those who did accept him he gave power to become children of God, to those who believed in his name
23 So he said, 'I am, as Isaiah prophesied: A voice of one that cries in the desert: Prepare a way for the Lord. Make his paths straight!'
28 This happened at Bethany, on the far side of the Jordan, where John was baptising.
36 and John looked towards him and said, 'Look, there is the lamb of God.'
42 and he took Simon to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, 'You are Simon son of John; you are to be called Cephas' -- which means Rock.
43 The next day, after Jesus had decided to leave for Galilee, he met Philip and said, 'Follow me.'
46 Nathanael said to him, 'From Nazareth? Can anything good come from that place?' Philip replied, 'Come and see.'
48 Nathanael asked, 'How do you know me?' Jesus replied, 'Before Philip came to call you, I saw you under the fig tree.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 8-9, 11-12
Gospel, Mark 10:1-12
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Does God make people gay? Insight from a theologian
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD Video
- Memorial Day: Honor Those Who Have Given Their Lives in Military Service
- The Holy Mass: Liturgy as Encounter with the Worship of Heaven
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why ...
- St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi: Saint of the Day for Friday, May 25, 2018
- Daily Readings for Friday, May 25, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD
- Gas prices could hit $5 Ă˘Â€Â" here are some tips to help you save HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 25th, 2018 HD
- Surprising study finds clean homes can cause childhood leukemia HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education