Zephaniah - Chapter 1
4 I shall raise my hand against Judah and against all who live in Jerusalem, and from this place I will wipe out Baal's remnant, the very name of his priests,
5 and those who prostrate themselves on the roofs before the array of heaven, and those who prostrate themselves before Yahweh but swear by Milcom,
6 and those who have turned their back on Yahweh, who do not seek Yahweh and do not consult him.
14 The great Day of Yahweh is near, near, and coming with great speed. How bitter the sound of the Day of Yahweh, the Day when the warrior shouts his cry of war.
18 nor will their silver or gold be able to save them. On the Day of Yahweh's anger, by the fire of his jealousy, the whole earth will be consumed. For he will destroy, yes, annihilate everyone living on earth.
Reading 1, First Timothy 3:1-13: 1 Here is a saying that you can rely on: to want to be a ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 101:1-2, 2-3, 5, 6: 1 [Of David Psalm] I will sing of faithful ... Gospel, Luke 7:11-17: 11 It happened that soon afterwards he went to a town called Nain, ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Planet Niburu: what's going to happen on September 23?
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Here's how Catholic Online is going to change your life, starting NOW!
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Philippine Army rescues Fr. Chito! Terrorists are surrendering in ...
- Another priest rescued from ISIS! Philippine Army rescues 'Fr. Chito' ...
- Catholic Online Presents HD
- Terrorist at large! London attack injures 22, more attacks could happen HD
- A special message from Fr. Tom to all who prayed for his release HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 HD