Exodus - Chapter 9
- « Prev
- Next »
1 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go to Pharaoh and say to him, "Yahweh, God of the Hebrews, says this: Let my people go and worship me.
7 Pharaoh had enquiries made, and found that of the livestock owned by the Israelites not a single beast had died. But Pharaoh was obstinate and did not let the people go.
13 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh. Say to him, "Yahweh, God of the Hebrews, says this: Let my people go and worship me.
19 So now send word to have your livestock and everything else you own in the fields put under cover. On man or beast, all that happen to be in the fields and are not brought indoors, the hail will fall and they will die." '
24 And so there was hail, and lightning accompanied the hail, very severe, such as had never been known anywhere in Egypt since it first became a nation.
26 The only place where there was no hail was in the Goshen region, where the Israelites lived.
29 Moses said to him, 'The moment I leave the city I shall stretch out my hands to Yahweh. The thunder will stop, and there will be no more hail, so that you may know that the earth belongs to Yahweh.
30 But as for you and your officials, I know very well that you still have no respect for Yahweh God.'
33 Moses left Pharaoh and went out of the city. He stretched out his hands to Yahweh and the thunder and hail ceased and the rain stopped pouring down on the earth.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 8-9, 11-12
Gospel, Mark 10:1-12
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' ...
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD Video
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD
- Gas prices could hit $5 Ă˘Â€Â" here are some tips to help you save HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education