Exodus - Chapter 9
FREE Catholic Classes
- « Prev
- Next »
1 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go to Pharaoh and say to him, "Yahweh, God of the Hebrews, says this: Let my people go and worship me.
7 Pharaoh had enquiries made, and found that of the livestock owned by the Israelites not a single beast had died. But Pharaoh was obstinate and did not let the people go.
13 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Get up early in the morning and confront Pharaoh. Say to him, "Yahweh, God of the Hebrews, says this: Let my people go and worship me.
19 So now send word to have your livestock and everything else you own in the fields put under cover. On man or beast, all that happen to be in the fields and are not brought indoors, the hail will fall and they will die." '
24 And so there was hail, and lightning accompanied the hail, very severe, such as had never been known anywhere in Egypt since it first became a nation.
26 The only place where there was no hail was in the Goshen region, where the Israelites lived.
29 Moses said to him, 'The moment I leave the city I shall stretch out my hands to Yahweh. The thunder will stop, and there will be no more hail, so that you may know that the earth belongs to Yahweh.
30 But as for you and your officials, I know very well that you still have no respect for Yahweh God.'
33 Moses left Pharaoh and went out of the city. He stretched out his hands to Yahweh and the thunder and hail ceased and the rain stopped pouring down on the earth.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 14-15, 18-19
Gospel, Mark 8:22-26
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
- Assisted suicide threatens the entire medical profession, Maryland ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 22nd, 2019 HD Video
- Bishops ask Supreme Court to hear case on racism in death sentencing
- Religious superiors voice shame over child abuse failings
- St. Wulfric: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 21st, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 18th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education