Exodus - Chapter 13
1 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
3 Moses said to the people, 'Remember this day, on which you came out of Egypt, from the place of slave-labour, for by the strength of his hand Yahweh brought you out of it; no leavened bread may be eaten.
5 and when Yahweh has brought you into the country of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Hivites and the Jebusites, flowing with milk and honey, which he swore to your ancestors that he would give you, then you must observe this rite in the same month.
6 For seven days you will eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day there must be a feast in Yahweh's honour.
9 This will serve as a sign on your hand would serve, or a reminder on your forehead, and in that way the law of Yahweh will be ever on your lips: for with a mighty hand Yahweh brought you out of Egypt.
10 You shall observe this law at its appointed time, year by year.
11 'When Yahweh has brought you into the Canaanites' country, as he swore to you and your ancestors that he would, and given it to you,
15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, Yahweh killed all the first-born in Egypt, of man and beast alike. This is why I sacrifice every male first issuing from the womb to Yahweh and redeem every first-born of my sons."
17 When Pharaoh had let the people go, God did not let them take the road to the Philistines' territory, although that was the shortest, 'in case', God thought, 'the prospect of fighting makes the people change their minds and turn back to Egypt.'
19 Moses took with him the bones of Joseph, since Joseph had put the Israelites on solemn oath with the words, 'It is sure that God will visit you,' he had said, 'and when that day comes you must take my bones away from here with you.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
Gospel, Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24
Reading 2, Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- An Irish Story: The History of Catholic America
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Not Decoration: Pope Francis emphasizes the importance of the crucifix
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 19, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 35
- St. Joseph: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education