Mark - Chapter 5
FREE Catholic Classes
3 The man lived in the tombs and no one could secure him any more, even with a chain,
4 because he had often been secured with fetters and chains but had snapped the chains and broken the fetters, and no one had the strength to control him.
6 Catching sight of Jesus from a distance, he ran up and fell at his feet
8 For Jesus had been saying to him, 'Come out of the man, unclean spirit.'
17 Then they began to implore Jesus to leave their neighbourhood.
18 As he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed begged to be allowed to stay with him.
19 Jesus would not let him but said to him, 'Go home to your people and tell them all that the Lord in his mercy has done for you.'
21 When Jesus had crossed again in the boat to the other side, a large crowd gathered round him and he stayed by the lake.
22 Then the president of the synagogue came up, named Jairus, and seeing him, fell at his feet
25 Now there was a woman who had suffered from a haemorrhage for twelve years;
30 And at once aware of the power that had gone out from him, Jesus turned round in the crowd and said, 'Who touched my clothes?'
33 Then the woman came forward, frightened and trembling because she knew what had happened to her, and she fell at his feet and told him the whole truth.
34 'My daughter,' he said, 'your faith has restored you to health; go in peace and be free of your complaint.'
35 While he was still speaking some people arrived from the house of the president of the synagogue to say, 'Your daughter is dead; why put the Master to any further trouble?'
36 But Jesus overheard what they said and he said to the president of the synagogue, 'Do not be afraid; only have faith.'
38 So they came to the house of the president of the synagogue, and Jesus noticed all the commotion, with people weeping and wailing unrestrainedly.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 29:1-2, 3-4, 8, 9-10
Gospel, Mark 8:14-21
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Esta es la primera imagen de la Virgen Maria que llego a Mexico hace ...
- Liturgy is not 'styles, recipes, trends,' pope tells Divine Worship ...
- Ordenan por primera vez sacerdote a miembro de una tribu de Indonesia
- Bl. Alvarez of Corova: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 18th, 2019 HD
- Catholic Online School - Deacon Keith's Personal Message to All Catholics HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, February 15th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 17th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education