Mark - Chapter 8
FREE Catholic Classes
3 If I send them off home hungry they will collapse on the way; some have come a great distance.'
6 Then he instructed the crowd to sit down on the ground, and he took the seven loaves, and after giving thanks he broke them and began handing them to his disciples to distribute; and they distributed them among the crowd.
7 They had a few small fishes as well, and over these he said a blessing and ordered them to be distributed too.
11 The Pharisees came up and started a discussion with him; they demanded of him a sign from heaven, to put him to the test.
15 Then he gave them this warning, 'Keep your eyes open; look out for the yeast of the Pharisees and the yeast of Herod.'
17 And Jesus knew it, and he said to them, 'Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not understand, still not realise? Are your minds closed?
22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought to him a blind man whom they begged him to touch.
23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. Then, putting spittle on his eyes and laying his hands on him, he asked, 'Can you see anything?'
26 And Jesus sent him home, saying, 'Do not even go into the village.'
31 Then he began to teach them that the Son of man was destined to suffer grievously, and to be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and to be put to death, and after three days to rise again;
33 But, turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said to him, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are thinking not as God thinks, but as human beings do.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 8:4-5, 6-7, 8-9
Gospel, John 16:12-15
Reading 2, Romans 5:1-5
More Daily Readings
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 17, 2019
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 17th, 2019 HD Video
- Chilean auxiliary bishop-elect steps down after controversial statements
- Vatican's doctrinal office expected to release document on gender theory
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 18th, 2019 HD Video
- Deacon Keith Fournier: What I Will Do on Fathers Day
- St. Emily de Vialar: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 17, 2019
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- The Happy Priest: Fathers Day is About Commitment, Courage, Sacrifice ...
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- These are the Seven Most Powerful Prayers in History
- A Mother's Hand Guided the Bullets: John Paul II, Forgiving a ...
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, June 14th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 16th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 15th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, June 13th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.