Mark - Chapter 8
3 If I send them off home hungry they will collapse on the way; some have come a great distance.'
6 Then he instructed the crowd to sit down on the ground, and he took the seven loaves, and after giving thanks he broke them and began handing them to his disciples to distribute; and they distributed them among the crowd.
7 They had a few small fishes as well, and over these he said a blessing and ordered them to be distributed too.
11 The Pharisees came up and started a discussion with him; they demanded of him a sign from heaven, to put him to the test.
15 Then he gave them this warning, 'Keep your eyes open; look out for the yeast of the Pharisees and the yeast of Herod.'
17 And Jesus knew it, and he said to them, 'Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not understand, still not realise? Are your minds closed?
22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought to him a blind man whom they begged him to touch.
23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. Then, putting spittle on his eyes and laying his hands on him, he asked, 'Can you see anything?'
26 And Jesus sent him home, saying, 'Do not even go into the village.'
31 Then he began to teach them that the Son of man was destined to suffer grievously, and to be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes, and to be put to death, and after three days to rise again;
33 But, turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said to him, 'Get behind me, Satan! You are thinking not as God thinks, but as human beings do.'
Most Popular Bibles
Gospel, John 12:20-33
Reading 2, Hebrews 5:7-9
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Saint Patrick Calls All Christians to be Missionaries to this Age
- St. Cyril of Jerusalem: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 18, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 33
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education