John - Chapter 9
1 As he went along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth.
2 His disciples asked him, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should have been born blind?'
4 'As long as day lasts we must carry out the work of the one who sent me; the night will soon be here when no one can work.
8 His neighbours and the people who used to see him before (for he was a beggar) said, 'Isn't this the man who used to sit and beg?'
9 Some said, 'Yes, it is the same one.' Others said, 'No, but he looks just like him.' The man himself said, 'Yes, I am the one.'
15 so when the Pharisees asked him how he had gained his sight, he said, 'He put a paste on my eyes, and I washed, and I can see.'
19 asking them, 'Is this man really the son of yours who you say was born blind? If so, how is it that he is now able to see?'
20 His parents answered, 'We know he is our son and we know he was born blind,
23 This was why his parents said, 'He is old enough; ask him.'
25 The man answered, 'Whether he is a sinner I don't know; all I know is that I was blind and now I can see.'
29 we know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this man, we don't know where he comes from.'
30 The man replied, 'That is just what is so amazing! You don't know where he comes from and he has opened my eyes!
33 if this man were not from God, he wouldn't have been able to do anything.'
36 'Sir,' the man replied, 'tell me who he is so that I may believe in him.'
38 The man said, 'Lord, I believe,' and worshipped him.
40 Hearing this, some Pharisees who were present said to him, 'So we are blind, are we?'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
Gospel, Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24
Reading 2, Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Bl. John of Parma: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Stem cell study provides new hope for MS patients
- International study shows stem cells can stop MS and relieve symptoms ...
- Pope Francis explains a crucifix is not just for decoration
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 35
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education