John - Chapter 3
1 There was one of the Pharisees called Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews,
12 If you do not believe me when I speak to you about earthly things, how will you believe me when I speak to you about heavenly things?
13 No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the Son of man;
15 so that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.
16 For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.
17 For God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but so that through him the world might be saved.
21 but whoever does the truth comes out into the light, so that what he is doing may plainly appear as done in God.'
22 After this, Jesus went with his disciples into the Judaean countryside and stayed with them there and baptised.
23 John also was baptising at Aenon near Salim, where there was plenty of water, and people were going there and were being baptised.
24 For John had not yet been put in prison.
29 'It is the bridegroom who has the bride; and yet the bridegroom's friend, who stands there and listens to him, is filled with joy at the bridegroom's voice. This is the joy I feel, and it is complete.
32 bears witness to the things he has seen and heard, but his testimony is not accepted by anybody;
33 though anyone who does accept his testimony is attesting that God is true,
36 Anyone who believes in the Son has eternal life, but anyone who refuses to believe in the Son will never see life: God's retribution hangs over him.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34
Gospel, John 20:19-23
Reading 2, First Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Speaks on Promises during Pentecost
- St. Eugene de Mazenod: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 21, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 21, 2018
- Evangelize through the Digital World: Pope Francis encourages young ...
- The Power of Pentecost. What Happened to Those Charismatic Catholics?
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 20th, 2018 HD
- Vatican tells nuns, less time on social media, more prayer! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 19th, 2018 HD
- A victory for life, Judge overturns California assisted suicide law HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education