John - Chapter 5
2 Now in Jerusalem next to the Sheep Pool there is a pool called Bethesda in Hebrew, which has five porticos;
4 for at intervals the angel of the Lord came down into the pool, and the water was disturbed, and the first person to enter the water after this disturbance was cured of any ailment he suffered from.
5 One man there had an illness which had lasted thirty-eight years,
9 The man was cured at once, and he picked up his mat and started to walk around. Now that day happened to be the Sabbath,
11 He replied, 'But the man who cured me told me, "Pick up your sleeping-mat and walk around." '
12 They asked, 'Who is the man who said to you, "Pick up your sleeping-mat and walk around"? '
21 Thus, as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so the Son gives life to anyone he chooses;
22 for the Father judges no one; he has entrusted all judgement to the Son,
28 Do not be surprised at this, for the hour is coming when the dead will leave their graves at the sound of his voice:
32 but there is another witness who speaks on my behalf, and I know that his testimony is true.
34 not that I depend on human testimony; no, it is for your salvation that I mention it.
35 John was a lamp lit and shining and for a time you were content to enjoy the light that he gave.
37 Besides, the Father who sent me bears witness to me himself. You have never heard his voice, you have never seen his shape,
41 Human glory means nothing to me.
42 Besides, I know you too well: you have no love of God in you.
47 but if you will not believe what he wrote, how can you believe what I say?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
Gospel, Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24
Reading 2, Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 35
- St. Joseph: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- An Irish Story: The History of Catholic America
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Not Decoration: Pope Francis emphasizes the importance of the crucifix
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education