John - Chapter 21
FREE Catholic Classes
1 Later on, Jesus revealed himself again to the disciples. It was by the Sea of Tiberias, and it happened like this:
4 When it was already light, there stood Jesus on the shore, though the disciples did not realise that it was Jesus.
6 he said, 'Throw the net out to starboard and you'll find something.' So they threw the net out and could not haul it in because of the quantity of fish.
12 Jesus said to them, 'Come and have breakfast.' None of the disciples was bold enough to ask, 'Who are you?'. They knew quite well it was the Lord.
17 Then he said to him a third time, 'Simon son of John, do you love me?' Peter was hurt that he asked him a third time, 'Do you love me?' and said, 'Lord, you know everything; you know I love you.' Jesus said to him, 'Feed my sheep.
18 In all truth I tell you, when you were young you put on your own belt and walked where you liked; but when you grow old you will stretch out your hands, and somebody else will put a belt round you and take you where you would rather not go.'
19 In these words he indicated the kind of death by which Peter would give glory to God. After this he said, 'Follow me.'
22 Jesus answered, 'If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.'
24 This disciple is the one who vouches for these things and has written them down, and we know that his testimony is true.
25 There was much else that Jesus did; if it were written down in detail, I do not suppose the world itself would hold all the books that would be written.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9
Gospel, Mark 1:29-39
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Apostolic nuncio, not Wuerl, will celebrate Mass for Life
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Religious liberty innate to every human person, Trump says
- Manx abortion bill receives royal assent
- St. Anthony the Abbot: Saint of the Day for Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 18th, 2019 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 17th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, January 14th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education