John - Chapter 21
1 Later on, Jesus revealed himself again to the disciples. It was by the Sea of Tiberias, and it happened like this:
4 When it was already light, there stood Jesus on the shore, though the disciples did not realise that it was Jesus.
6 he said, 'Throw the net out to starboard and you'll find something.' So they threw the net out and could not haul it in because of the quantity of fish.
12 Jesus said to them, 'Come and have breakfast.' None of the disciples was bold enough to ask, 'Who are you?'. They knew quite well it was the Lord.
17 Then he said to him a third time, 'Simon son of John, do you love me?' Peter was hurt that he asked him a third time, 'Do you love me?' and said, 'Lord, you know everything; you know I love you.' Jesus said to him, 'Feed my sheep.
18 In all truth I tell you, when you were young you put on your own belt and walked where you liked; but when you grow old you will stretch out your hands, and somebody else will put a belt round you and take you where you would rather not go.'
19 In these words he indicated the kind of death by which Peter would give glory to God. After this he said, 'Follow me.'
22 Jesus answered, 'If I want him to stay behind till I come, what does it matter to you? You are to follow me.'
24 This disciple is the one who vouches for these things and has written them down, and we know that his testimony is true.
25 There was much else that Jesus did; if it were written down in detail, I do not suppose the world itself would hold all the books that would be written.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 141:1-2, 3, 8
Gospel, Mark 10:13-16
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD Video
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education