The Proverbs - Chapter 13
FREE Catholic Classes
The Proverbs Chapters
1 A wise child listens to a father's discipline, a cynic will not listen to reproof.
3 A guard on the mouth makes life secure, whoever talks too much is lost.
5 The upright hates a lying word, but the wicked slanders and defames.
6 Uprightness stands guard over one whose way is honest, sin causes the ruin of the wicked.
10 Insolence breeds only disputes, wisdom lies with those who take advice.
11 A sudden fortune will dwindle away, accumulation little by little is the way to riches.
16 Anyone of discretion acts by the light of knowledge, the fool parades his folly.
18 Whoever rejects discipline wins poverty and scorn; for anyone who accepts correction: honour.
20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, whoever mixes with fools will be ruined.
22 The good bequeaths a heritage to children's children, the wealth of the sinner is stored away for the upright.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 117:1, 2
Gospel, Luke 13:22-30
Reading 2, Hebrews 12:5-7, 11-13
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- New South Wales parliament delays final abortion bill vote
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 26th, 2019 HD Video
- Christian filmmakers win right to sue against Minnesota human rights law
- Minnesota archbishop reflects on the significance of a pastoral heart
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 HD Video
- St. Teresa of Jesus Jornet Ibars: Saint of the Day for Monday, August ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, August 26, 2019
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, August 23rd, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 25th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, August 22nd, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 24th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.