The Proverbs - Chapter 13
The Proverbs Chapters
1 A wise child listens to a father's discipline, a cynic will not listen to reproof.
3 A guard on the mouth makes life secure, whoever talks too much is lost.
5 The upright hates a lying word, but the wicked slanders and defames.
6 Uprightness stands guard over one whose way is honest, sin causes the ruin of the wicked.
10 Insolence breeds only disputes, wisdom lies with those who take advice.
11 A sudden fortune will dwindle away, accumulation little by little is the way to riches.
16 Anyone of discretion acts by the light of knowledge, the fool parades his folly.
18 Whoever rejects discipline wins poverty and scorn; for anyone who accepts correction: honour.
20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, whoever mixes with fools will be ruined.
22 The good bequeaths a heritage to children's children, the wealth of the sinner is stored away for the upright.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 117:1, 2
Gospel, John 6:52-59
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- California bill that could BAN THE BIBLE advances
- St. Marian: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 20, 2018
- Five things Catholics can do to promote international religious freedom
- Death threats for opposing gay marriage? Florist appeals to Supreme Court
- Has California just voted to ban the BIBLE? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 20, 2018
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Global Warming threatening Europe with colder weather HD
- The Memorare HD
- God Alone Suffices HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 21st, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education