The Proverbs - Chapter 14
The Proverbs Chapters
6 In vain the mocker looks for wisdom, knowledge comes easy to the intelligent.
7 Keep well clear of the fool, you will not find wise lips there.
8 With people of discretion, wisdom keeps a watch over their conduct, but the folly of fools leads them astray.
9 Fools mock at the sacrifice for sin, but favour resides among the honest.
15 The simpleton believes any message, a person of discretion treads a careful path.
16 The wise fears evil and avoids it, the fool is insolent and conceited.
17 A quick-tempered person commits rash acts, but a schemer is detestable.
18 Simpletons have folly for their portion, people of discretion knowledge for their crown.
19 The evil bow down before the good, the wicked, at the gates of the upright.
25 A truthful witness saves lives, whoever utters lies is a deceiver.
27 The fear of Yahweh is a life-giving spring for eluding the snares of death.
29 Mastery of temper is high proof of intelligence, a quick temper makes folly worse than ever.
34 Uprightness makes a nation great, by sin whole races are disgraced.
35 A king shows favour to a wise minister, but anger to one who shames him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 42:2-3; 43:3, 4
Gospel, John 10:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Five things Catholics can do to promote international religious freedom
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 HD Video
- The Eucharist's Importance to the Life of the Church
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 23, 2018
- The Christian Duty: A mission of leading others to Jesus
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 23rd, 2018 HD
- Has California just voted to ban the BIBLE? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 HD
- Global Warming threatening Europe with colder weather HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education