A Prayer In A Country Cemetery
the boys and girls,
the men and women that worked on the land.
They knew the meaning of hard work.
They knew the joy and peace that is the product of labour.
Now we trust they know the peace and happiness
of everlasting life with You.
They watched the sun rise often,
winter and summer,
over these hills and fields.
They worked hard by its light,
and turned willingly to their rest at its setting.
Now they walk in the light of a Sun
that knows no setting.
Lord, if they are still in the waiting room of heaven,
bring them speedily to the light of Your peace
and the happiness of Your presence.
These men and women all their lives long
laboured to supply the food and drink necessary
to sustain human life.
Now, or soon,
they enjoy in all its fullness the life that You, Lord,
came down to earth to give men,
and to give more abundantly.
Dear Lord, bless us who labour now in the fields and hills
where these dear dead have worked.
Grant that we may remember them with charity and kindness,
walking reverently in the ways that they have left behind them.
Grant, too, that we may finally meet these men and women,
these boys and girls,
in the eternal mansions that You are even now preparing for us.
More Dying Prayers
Showing 1 - 68 of 68
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Violencia en Nicaragua: Representante del Papa alienta tregua ante ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Historic gathering of pope and patriarchs for Middle East peace
- Longest Blood Moon eclipse of 21st century looms, along with bad news ...
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, July 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Longest Blood Moon eclipse of the century coming, is it an omen? HD Video
- St. Frederick: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 HD
- Day 3 - Novena to Joachim and Anne for Christian Married Couples HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 20th, 2018 HD
- Why is this statue of the Virgin Mary weeping rose-scented olive oil? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education