Deuteronomy - Chapter 20
- « Prev
- Next »
2 When you are about to join battle, the priest must come forward and address the people.
4 Yahweh your God is marching with you, to fight your enemies for you and make you victorious."
11 If it accepts these and opens its gates to you, all the people inside will owe you forced labour and work for you.
14 But the women, children, livestock and whatever the town contains by way of spoil, you may take for yourselves as booty. You will feed on the spoils of the enemies whom Yahweh your God has handed over to you.
15 'That is how you will treat towns far away and not belonging to the nations near you.
19 'If, when attacking a town, you have to besiege it for a long time before you capture it, you must not destroy its trees by taking the axe to them: eat their fruit but do not cut them down. Is the tree in the fields human, that you should besiege it too?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 6-7, 16-17
Gospel, Mark 16:15-20
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Toronto terror suspect motivated by celibacy HD Video
- Another priest murdered in Mexico
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Was Toronto terror suspect motivated by celibacy?
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 27th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Disability rights group addresses proposed New York suicide law
- Blessing of a Bedroom HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 26th, 2018 HD
- Every Earth Day, Remember Our Place in Creation HD
- Two Leaves Tea at Catholic Online Shopping HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education