Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017
Daily Reading for Saturday December 16, 2017
Reading 1, Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19 Gospel, Matthew 17:10-13
Reading 1, Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11
2 It was he who brought famine on them and decimated them in his zeal.
3 By the word of the Lord he shut up the heavens, three times also he brought down fire.
4 How glorious you were in your miracles, Elijah! Has anyone reason to boast as you have? -
9 taken up in the whirlwind of fire, in a chariot with fiery horses;
10 designated in the prophecies of doom to allay God's wrath before the fury breaks, to turn the hearts of fathers towards their children, and to restore the tribes of Jacob.
11 Blessed, those who will see you, and those who have fallen asleep in love; for we too shall certainly have life.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19
2 over Ephraim, Benjamin and Manasseh; rouse your valour and come to our help.
3 God, bring us back, let your face shine on us and we shall be safe.
15 protect what your own hand has planted.
16 They have thrown it on the fire like dung, the frown of your rebuke will destroy them.
19 God Sabaoth, bring us back, let your face shine on us and we shall be safe.
Gospel, Matthew 17:10-13
13 Then the disciples understood that he was speaking of John the Baptist.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 111:1-2, 5-6, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 10:17-27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- What Catholics can do for Foster kids
- Feast of the Holy Trinity: God's love is personal
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 28, 2018
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 28, 2018
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education