Acts of Apostles - Chapter 22
FREE Catholic Classes
Acts of Apostles Chapters
2 When they realised he was speaking in Hebrew, the silence was even greater than before.
3 'I am a Jew', Paul said, 'and was born at Tarsus in Cilicia. I was brought up here in this city. It was under Gamaliel that I studied and was taught the exact observance of the Law of our ancestors. In fact, I was as full of duty towards God as you all are today.
5 as the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify. I even received letters from them to the brothers in Damascus, which I took with me when I set off to bring prisoners back from there to Jerusalem for punishment.
8 I answered, "Who are you, Lord?" and he said to me, "I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting."
11 Since the light had been so dazzling that I was blind, I got to Damascus only because my companions led me by the hand.
14 Then he said, "The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Upright One and hear his own voice speaking,
15 because you are to be his witness before all humanity, testifying to what you have seen and heard.
19 "Lord," I answered, "they know that I used to go from synagogue to synagogue, imprisoning and flogging those who believed in you;
20 and that when the blood of your witness Stephen was being shed, I, too, was standing by, in full agreement with his murderers, and in charge of their clothes."
21 Then he said to me, "Go! I am sending you out to the gentiles far away." '
24 and so the tribune had him brought into the fortress and ordered him to be examined under the lash, to find out the reason for the outcry against him.
30 The next day, since he wanted to know for sure what charge the Jews were bringing, he freed Paul and gave orders for a meeting of the chief priests and the entire Sanhedrin; then he brought Paul down and set him in front of them.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 32:1-2, 5, 6, 7
Gospel, Mark 7:31-37
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Liturgy is not 'styles, recipes, trends,' pope tells Divine Worship ...
- Ordenan por primera vez sacerdote a miembro de una tribu de Indonesia
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Esta es la primera imagen de la Virgen Maria que llego a Mexico hace ...
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, February 15th, 2019
- Catholic Online School - Deacon Keith's Personal Message to All ...
- St. Daniel: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 17th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, February 14th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 16th, 2019 HD
- Catholic Online School - Join the Mission HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education