Acts of Apostles - Chapter 28
FREE Catholic Classes
Acts of Apostles Chapters
6 although they were expecting him at any moment to swell up or drop dead on the spot. After they had waited a long time without seeing anything out of the ordinary happen to him, they changed their minds and began to say he was a god.
7 In that neighbourhood there were estates belonging to the chief man of the island, whose name was Publius. He received us and entertained us hospitably for three days.
11 At the end of three months we set sail in a ship that had wintered in the island; she came from Alexandria and her figurehead was the Twins.
12 We put in at Syracuse and spent three days there;
15 When the brothers there heard about us they came to meet us, as far as the Forum of Appius and the Three Taverns. When Paul saw them he thanked God and took courage.
16 On our arrival in Rome Paul was allowed to stay in lodgings of his own with the soldier who guarded him.
17 After three days he called together the leading Jews. When they had assembled, he said to them, 'Brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans.
19 but the Jews lodged an objection, and I was forced to appeal to Caesar, though not because I had any accusation to make against my own nation.
20 That is why I have urged you to see me and have a discussion with me, for it is on account of the hope of Israel that I wear this chain.'
23 So they arranged a day with him and a large number of them visited him at his lodgings. He put his case to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them about Jesus, arguing from the Law of Moses and the prophets from early morning until evening;
27 This people's heart is torpid, their ears dulled, they have shut their eyes tight, to avoid using their eyes to see, their ears to hear, using their heart to understand, changing their ways and being healed by me.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 50:1, 8, 16-17, 20-21
Gospel, Mark 8:11-13
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD Video
- Ordenan por primera vez sacerdote a miembro de una tribu de Indonesia
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Liturgy is not 'styles, recipes, trends,' pope tells Divine Worship ...
- Bl. Alvarez of Corova: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 19, 2019
- Esta es la primera imagen de la Virgen Maria que llego a Mexico hace ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 18th, 2019 HD
- Catholic Online School - Deacon Keith's Personal Message to All Catholics HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, February 15th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 17th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education