Acts of Apostles - Chapter 26
Acts of Apostles Chapters
7 the promise that our twelve tribes, constant in worship night and day, hope to attain. For that hope, Your Majesty, I am actually put on trial by Jews!
8 Why does it seem incredible to you that God should raise the dead?
13 and in the middle of the day as I was on my way, Your Majesty, I saw a light from heaven shining more brilliantly than the sun round me and my fellow-travellers.
15 Then I said, "Who are you, Lord?" And the Lord answered, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
16 But get up and stand on your feet, for I have appeared to you for this reason: to appoint you as my servant and as witness of this vision in which you have seen me, and of others in which I shall appear to you.
18 to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light, from the dominion of Satan to God, and receive, through faith in me, forgiveness of their sins and a share in the inheritance of the sanctified."
20 On the contrary I started preaching, first to the people of Damascus, then to those of Jerusalem and all Judaean territory, and also to the gentiles, urging them to repent and turn to God, proving their change of heart by their deeds.
22 But I was blessed with God's help, and so I have stood firm to this day, testifying to great and small alike, saying nothing more than what the prophets and Moses himself said would happen:
23 that the Christ was to suffer and that, as the first to rise from the dead, he was to proclaim a light for our people and for the gentiles.'
28 At this Agrippa said to Paul, 'A little more, and your arguments would make a Christian of me.'
29 Paul replied, 'Little or much, I wish before God that not only you but all who are listening to me today would come to be as I am -- except for these chains.'
31 When they had retired they talked together and agreed, 'This man is doing nothing that deserves death or imprisonment.'
32 And Agrippa remarked to Festus, 'The man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27
Gospel, John 13:16-20
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis praises exorcisms while declaring Christian life a ...
- Herdsmen kill 19, including two priests in Nigeria
- Atheism promoting demonic possession
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Come Holy Spirit HD Video
- Are we under attack? Pope Francis declares battle and praises ...
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 27, 2018
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- California bill that could BAN THE BIBLE advances - Politics & Policy
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 28th, 2018 HD
- Little Miracle: Young boy dubbed 'super-human' after receiving life-saving operation HD
- St. Francis Prayer HD
- Prayer To St Michael For Personal Protection HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education