2 Chronicles - Chapter 15
FREE Catholic Classes
2 Chronicles Chapters
- « Prev
- Next »
2 he went out to meet Asa and said, 'Listen to me, Asa, and all you in Judah and in Benjamin: Yahweh will be with you so long as you are with him. If you seek him, he will let you find him; but if you desert him, he will desert you.
4 but when in their distress they turned to Yahweh, God of Israel, and sought him, he let them find him.
6 nation being crushed by nation and city by city, since God caused confusion among them by every kind of distress.
7 So be strong, do not be discouraged, for your deeds will be rewarded.'
8 When Asa heard these words and the prophecy, he took courage and removed the abominable idols throughout the land of Judah and Benjamin as well as from the towns which he had captured in the highlands of Ephraim, and repaired the altar of Yahweh which stood in front of the portico of Yahweh.
9 He summoned all Judah and Benjamin as well as those Ephraimites, Manassehites and Simeonites who had settled with them -- for a great many people from Israel had gone over to Asa when they saw that Yahweh his God was with him.
10 They assembled in Jerusalem in the third month of the fifteenth year of Asa's reign,
11 that day sacrificing to Yahweh seven hundred oxen and seven thousand sheep from the booty which they had brought back.
12 They then made a covenant to seek Yahweh, God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul;
14 They pledged their oath to Yahweh in ringing tones, with shouts of joy, to the sound of trumpet and horn;
15 all Judah rejoiced over the oath, for they had sworn it wholeheartedly, and sought him so earnestly that he allowed them to find him; Yahweh gave them peace all round.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 15-16, 17-18
Gospel, John 13:1-15
Reading 2, First Corinthians 11:23-26
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 20th, 2019 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Good Friday
- St. Alphege: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 19, 2019
- 'Living Lent': EASTER SUNDAY - HE IS RISEN!
- 'Living Lent': Holy Saturday
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 19, 2019
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 19th, 2019 HD Video
- Don't be fooled! Hear what Pope Francis REALLY said about Islam and ...
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- The TRUTH about Easter Eggs. Are they really pagan?!
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, April 17th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 18th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 17th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.