2 Chronicles - Chapter 22
2 Chronicles Chapters
1 The inhabitants of Jerusalem then made his youngest son Ahaziah king in succession to him, since the marauders who had attacked the camp with the Arabs had killed all the older ones. That was why Ahaziah son of Jehoram, king of Judah became king.
2 Ahaziah was forty-two years old when he came to the throne and he reigned for one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name was Athaliah, descendant of Omri.
4 He did what is displeasing to Yahweh as the House of Ahab did, for they were his advisers after his father's death, to his undoing.
5 He followed their advice and went with Jehoram son of Ahab, king of Israel, to make war on Hazael king of Aram at Ramoth-Gilead. But the Aramaeans wounded Jehoram,
6 who returned to Jezreel to recover from the wounds which he had received at Ramoth, fighting against Hazael king of Aram. Ahaziah son of Jehoram, king of Judah, went down to Jezreel to visit Jehoram son of Ahab because he was ailing.
9 and then went in search of Ahaziah. The latter was captured while hiding in Samaria, and taken to Jehu who put him to death. But they gave him burial because, they said, 'He was the grandson of Jehoshaphat who sought Yahweh with all his heart.' As a result, there was no member of Ahaziah's family left who was strong enough to rule the kingdom.
11 But Jehosheba the king's daughter, surreptitiously rescued Joash son of Ahaziah from among the chiefs who were to be murdered, and put him with his nurse in the sleeping quarters; in this way Jehosheba daughter of King Joram and wife of Jehoiada the priest-she was the sister of Ahaziah-hid him from Athaliah, and he was not put to death.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
Gospel, Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24
Reading 2, Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 19, 2018
- St. Joseph: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Not Decoration: Pope Francis emphasizes the importance of the crucifix
- An Irish Story: The History of Catholic America
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education