Daily Reading for Sunday, April 1st, 2018
Daily Reading for Sunday April 1, 2018
Reading 1, Acts 10:34, 37-43 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23 Gospel, John 20:1-9 Reading 2, Colossians 3:1-4
Reading 1, Acts 10:34, 37-43
34 Then Peter addressed them, 'I now really understand', he said, 'that God has no favourites,
39 Now we are witnesses to everything he did throughout the countryside of Judaea and in Jerusalem itself: and they killed him by hanging him on a tree,
41 not by the whole people but only by certain witnesses that God had chosen beforehand. Now we are those witnesses -- we have eaten and drunk with him after his resurrection from the dead-
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23
1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh for he is good, for his faithful love endures for ever.
2 Let the House of Israel say, 'His faithful love endures for ever.'
17 I shall not die, I shall live to recount the great deeds of Yahweh.
22 The stone which the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;
23 This is Yahweh's doing, and we marvel at it.
Gospel, John 20:1-9
3 So Peter set out with the other disciple to go to the tomb.
4 They ran together, but the other disciple, running faster than Peter, reached the tomb first;
5 he bent down and saw the linen cloths lying on the ground, but did not go in.
6 Simon Peter, following him, also came up, went into the tomb, saw the linen cloths lying on the ground
7 and also the cloth that had been over his head; this was not with the linen cloths but rolled up in a place by itself.
9 Till this moment they had still not understood the scripture, that he must rise from the dead.
Reading 2, Colossians 3:1-4
2 Let your thoughts be on things above, not on the things that are on the earth,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 72:1, 12-13, 18-19
Gospel, Matthew 1:18-24
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Pope Francis: Through virtue, political life can be a form of charity
- The most commonly read book in the Philippines? Survey says: the Bible
- Italian journalists named to leading positions in Vatican communications
- Catholic-Inspired Faith Sockets HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Nemesius: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 20th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, December 17th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 18th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education