Hebrews - Chapter 4
1 Let us beware, then: since the promise never lapses, none of you must think that he has come too late for the promise of entering his place of rest.
3 We, however, who have faith, are entering a place of rest, as in the text: And then in my anger I swore that they would never enter my place of rest. Now God's work was all finished at the beginning of the world;
4 as one text says, referring to the seventh day: And God rested on the seventh day after all the work he had been doing.
5 And, again, the passage above says: They will never reach my place of rest.
6 It remains the case, then, that there would be some people who would reach it, and since those who first heard the good news were prevented from entering by their refusal to believe,
10 since to enter the place of rest is to rest after your work, as God did after his.
12 The word of God is something alive and active: it cuts more incisively than any two-edged sword: it can seek out the place where soul is divided from spirit, or joints from marrow; it can pass judgement on secret emotions and thoughts.
14 Since in Jesus, the Son of God, we have the supreme high priest who has gone through to the highest heaven, we must hold firm to our profession of faith.
15 For the high priest we have is not incapable of feeling our weaknesses with us, but has been put to the test in exactly the same way as ourselves, apart from sin.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
Gospel, Matthew 1:16, 18-21, 24
Reading 2, Romans 4:13, 16-18, 22
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 35
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Bl. John of Parma: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Pope Francis explains a crucifix is not just for decoration
- International study shows stem cells can stop MS and relieve symptoms ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Stem cell study provides new hope for MS patients
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education