Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 36
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
- « Prev
- Next »
1 Take pity on us, Master, Lord of the universe, look at us, spread fear of yourself throughout all other nations.
4 Let them acknowledge you, just as we have acknowledged that there is no God but you, Lord.
13 Fill Zion with your praises and your sanctuary with your glory.
14 Vindicate those whom you created first, fulfil what has been prophesied in your name.
19 As the palate discerns the flavour of game, so a shrewd listener detects lying words.
20 A perverse character causes depression in others; it needs experience to know how to repay such a one.
22 A woman's beauty delights the beholder, a man likes nothing better.
24 The man who takes a wife has the makings of a fortune, a helper to match himself, a pillar of support.
27 So it is with the man who has no nest, and lodges wherever night overtakes him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 50:8-9, 16-17, 21, 23
Gospel, Matthew 10:34--11:1
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Croatia vs. France: How do the World Cup teams line up in the ...
- A Eucharist Adoration Under the Stars
- Day 1 - Novena to Joachim and Anne for Christian Married Couples HD Video
- Trump meets with Putin at summit, as world prays for peace
- St. Carmen: Saint of the Day for Monday, July 16, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, July 16, 2018
- Putin - Trump summit brings hope of peace as summit begins HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 16th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Request Live for Friday, July 13th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education