Sixth Station: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
All: Because by your holy cross You have redeemed the world.
Jesus, suddenly a woman comes out of the crowd. Her name is Veronica. You can see how she cares for you as she takes a cloth and begins to wipe the blood and sweat from your face. She can't do much, but she offers what little help she can.
As a child, sometimes I know someone could use a little help and understanding. They may be picked on or teased by others, or just sad or lonely. Sometimes I feel bad that others don't step in to help, but I don't help either.
As an adult, I notice the needs around me. Sometimes my own family members crave my attention, and I don't even seem to notice. Sometimes a co-worker, friend, or family member could use help or understanding, but I don't reach out to help lest I be criticized, or that they demand more of me than I'd like to give.
My tender Jesus, Who didst deign to print Thy sacred face upon the cloth with which Veronica wiped the sweat from off Thy brow, print in my soul deep, I pray Thee, the lasting memory of Thy bitter pains.
Our Father.... Hail Mary.... Glory be to the Father....
Leader: Jesus Christ Crucified.
All: Have mercy on Us.
Leader: May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in peace.
← Previous Station Next Station →
FREE Catholic School Enroll Now
Stations of the Cross
- Opening Prayer
- 1st Station: Jesus is condemned to death
- 2nd Station: Jesus carries His cross
- 3rd Station: Jesus falls the first time
- 4th Station: Jesus meets His Mother
- 5th Station: Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his cross
- 6th Station: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- 7th Station: Jesus falls the second time
- 8th Station: Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
- 9th Station: Jesus falls a third time
- 10th Station: Jesus clothes are taken away
- 11th Station: Jesus is nailed to the cross
- 12th Station: Jesus dies on the cross
- 13th Station: The body of Jesus is taken down from the cross
- 14th Station: Jesus is laid in the tomb
Mysteries of the Rosary
Stations of the Cross
Prayers by Topic / Keyword
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Help Now >
Ash Wednesday Prayers
Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament Prayers
en Espańol Prayers
Guardian Angel Prayers
Holy Spirit Prayers
Jesus Christ Prayers
Marian (Mary) Prayers
Pope Francis I Prayers
Pope Leo XIII Prayers
Pope Pius XII Prayers
Prayers as Blessings
Prayers by Pope John Paul II
Prayers by St. Francis de Sales
Prayers for the Pope
Prayers in French
Prayers in German
Prayers in Latin
Prayers in Spanish
Prayers of the Church
Prayers of the Cross
Pro Life Prayers
Special Intentions Prayers
St. Anthony of Padua Prayers
St. Gregory the Great Prayers
St. Joseph Prayers
St. Patrick Prayers
St. Valentine Prayers
The Rosary in Croation
The Rosary in Dutch
The Rosary in English
The Rosary in French
The Rosary in German
The Rosary in Irish-Gaelic
The Rosary in Italian
The Rosary in Latin
The Rosary in Polish