Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
Daily Reading for Wednesday July 18, 2018
Reading 1, Isaiah 10:5-7, 13-16 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 94:5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 14-15 Gospel, Matthew 11:25-27
Daily Readings is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847.
Reading 1, Isaiah 10:5-7, 13-16
5 Woe to Assyria, rod of my anger, the club in their hands is my fury!
6 I was sending him against a godless nation, commissioning him against the people who enraged me, to pillage and plunder at will and trample on them like the mud in the streets.
7 But this was not his intention nor did his heart plan it so, for he dreamed of putting an end to them, of liquidating nations without number!
13 For he thinks: 'By the strength of my own arm I have done this and by my own wisdom: how intelligent I have been! I have abolished the frontiers between peoples, I have plundered their treasures, like a hero, I have subjugated their inhabitants.
14 My hand has found, as though a bird's nest, the riches of the peoples. Like someone collecting deserted eggs, I have collected the whole world while no one has fluttered a wing or opened a beak to squawk.'
15 Does the axe claim more credit than the man who wields it, or the saw more strength than the man who handles it? As though a staff controlled those who raise it, or the club could raise what is not made of wood!
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 94:5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 14-15
5 They crush your people, Yahweh, they oppress your heritage,
8 Take notice yourselves, you coarsest of people! Fools, when will you learn some sense?
9 Shall he who implanted the ear not hear, he who fashioned the eye not see?
10 Shall he who instructs nations not punish? Yahweh, the teacher of all people,
Gospel, Matthew 11:25-27
26 Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do.
27 Everything has been entrusted to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, just as no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 146:7, 8-9, 9-10
Gospel, Luke 17:20-25
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- St. Margaret of Scotland: Saint of the Day for Friday, November 16, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, November 17th, 2018 HD Video
- University of St. Thomas Names New Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, November 15th, 2018 HD Video
- National Review Board offers suggestions for bishops' accountability
- 'No words for depth of our anger' National Advisory Council tells US ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, November 16, 2018
- Nancy Pelosi, Boasting of her Devout Catholic faith, is a Heretic - ...
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- World renown scientist says he has found proof of God! We may be ...
- Pope Francis Says Yoga Doesn't Lead Us to God - Health & Wellness
- The Happy Priest: The Virtue of Gratitude
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, November 16th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 HD
- The Apostles' Creed HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education