Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018
Daily Reading for Monday January 22, 2018
Reading 1, Second Kings 11:1-4, 9-18, 20 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 25-26 Gospel, Mark 3:22-30
Join Us Now >
Reading 1, Second Kings 11:1-4, 9-18, 20
1 All the tribes of Israel then came to David at Hebron and said, 'Look, we are your own flesh and bone.
3 So all the elders of Israel came to the king at Hebron, and King David made a pact with them in Yahweh's presence at Hebron, and they anointed David as king of Israel.
4 David was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned for forty years.
6 The king and his men then marched on Jerusalem, on the Jebusites living in the territory. These said to David, 'You will not get in here. The blind and the lame will hold you off.' (That is to say: David will never get in here.)
7 But David captured the citadel of Zion, that is, the City of David.
10 David grew stronger and stronger, and Yahweh, God of Sabaoth, was with him.
20 All the people of the country were delighted; the city, however, made no move. And Athaliah was put to death inside the palace.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:20, 21-22, 25-26
20 'I have found David my servant, and anointed him with my holy oil.
25 I shall establish his power over the sea, his dominion over the rivers.
26 'He will cry to me, "You are my father, my God, the rock of my salvation!"
Gospel, Mark 3:22-30
23 So he called them to him and spoke to them in parables,
24 'How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot last.
25 And if a household is divided against itself, that household can never last.
26 Now if Satan has rebelled against himself and is divided, he cannot last either -- it is the end of him.
27 But no one can make his way into a strong man's house and plunder his property unless he has first tied up the strong man. Only then can he plunder his house.
30 This was because they were saying, 'There is an unclean spirit in him.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 8, 10
Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- A Personal Advent Thank You and Request from Deacon Keith HD Video
- Our Lady of Guadalupe: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Statistical analysis seeks context for Pa. grand jury report
- Deacon Fournier on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 14th, 2018 HD Video
- Five dead in Brazilian cathedral shooting, cathedral priest asks for ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- Jeremiah Wright - Obama offered 150k to keep quiet - Politics & Policy
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- Las Posadas - a Catholic Hispanic Tradition
- Catholicism in Hollywood: Not as rare as you might think - Celebrity
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 13th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, December 10th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education