Judges - Chapter 17
FREE Catholic Classes
1 In the highlands of Ephraim there was a man called Micayehu.
2 He said to his mother, 'The eleven hundred silver shekels which were taken from you and concerning which you uttered a curse, having said in my hearing . . . Look, I have got that silver. I was the one who took it.' His mother said, 'May Yahweh bless my boy!'
3 He gave the eleven hundred shekels back to his mother, who said, 'I have indeed vowed to give this silver to Yahweh for my son, to have a statue carved and an idol cast in metal, but now I should like to give it back to you.' He, however, returned the money to his mother.
9 Micah asked him, 'Where do you come from?' The other replied, 'I am a Levite from Bethlehem in Judah. I am travelling, and am going to settle wherever I can find a home.'
11 The Levite agreed to remain in the man's house, and the young man became like one of his sons to him.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 111:1-2, 3-4, 5-6
Gospel, Luke 7:31-35
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Suicide is on the rise - What can the Catholic Church do to help?
- Senate confirms Catholic law professor as Asst. Secretary of State
- St. Januarius: Saint of the Day for Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Daily Reading for Friday, September 20th, 2019 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 HD Video
- Italian priest kidnapped in Niger now missing for one year
- Daily Readings for Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, September 19th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, September 16th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.