Daily Reading for Thursday, April 26th, 2018
Daily Reading for Thursday April 26, 2018
Reading 1, Acts 13:13-25 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27 Gospel, John 13:16-20
Reading 1, Acts 13:13-25
15 After the passages from the Law and the Prophets had been read, the presidents of the synagogue sent them a message, 'Brothers, if you would like to address some words of encouragement to the congregation, please do so.'
16 Paul stood up, raised his hand for silence and began to speak: 'Men of Israel, and fearers of God, listen!
17 The God of our nation Israel chose our ancestors and made our people great when they were living in Egypt, a land not their own; then by divine power he led them out
18 and for about forty years took care of them in the desert.
19 When he had destroyed seven nations in Canaan, he put them in possession of their land
20 for about four hundred and fifty years. After this he gave them judges, down to the prophet Samuel.
23 To keep his promise, God has raised up for Israel one of David's descendants, Jesus, as Saviour,
25 Before John ended his course he said, "I am not the one you imagine me to be; there is someone coming after me whose sandal I am not fit to undo."
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27
2 for you have said: love is built to last for ever, you have fixed your constancy firm in the heavens.
3 'I have made a covenant with my Chosen One, sworn an oath to my servant David:
25 I shall establish his power over the sea, his dominion over the rivers.
27 So I shall make him my first-born, the highest of earthly kings.
Gospel, John 13:16-20
16 'In all truth I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, no messenger is greater than the one who sent him.
17 'Now that you know this, blessed are you if you behave accordingly.
18 I am not speaking about all of you: I know the ones I have chosen; but what scripture says must be fulfilled: 'He who shares my table takes advantage of me.
19 I tell you this now, before it happens, so that when it does happen you may believe that I am He.
20 In all truth I tell you, whoever welcomes the one I send, welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me, welcomes the one who sent me.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 141:1-2, 3, 8
Gospel, Mark 10:13-16
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- NEW MARIAN APPARITION: Has the VIRGIN MARY APPEARED in Georgia? (PHOTO)
- The Happy Priest Reflects on Trinity Sunday and the Gift of Communion
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case - ...
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education