Daily Reading for Sunday, March 16th, 2014
Daily Reading for Sunday March 16, 2014
Reading 1, Genesis 12:1-4 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22 Gospel, Matthew 17:1-9 Reading 2, Second Timothy 1:8-10
Reading 1, Genesis 12:1-4
1 Yahweh said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your kindred and your father's house for a country which I shall show you;
2 and I shall make you a great nation, I shall bless you and make your name famous; you are to be a blessing!
3 I shall bless those who bless you, and shall curse those who curse you, and all clans on earth will bless themselves by you.'
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22
4 The word of Yahweh is straightforward, all he does springs from his constancy.
5 He loves uprightness and justice; the faithful love of Yahweh fills the earth.
18 But see how Yahweh watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his faithful love,
19 to rescue them from death and keep them alive in famine.
20 We are waiting for Yahweh; he is our help and our shield,
22 Yahweh, let your faithful love rest on us, as our hope has rested in you.
Gospel, Matthew 17:1-9
2 There in their presence he was transfigured: his face shone like the sun and his clothes became as dazzling as light.
5 He was still speaking when suddenly a bright cloud covered them with shadow, and suddenly from the cloud there came a voice which said, 'This is my Son, the Beloved; he enjoys my favour. Listen to him.'
6 When they heard this, the disciples fell on their faces, overcome with fear.
7 But Jesus came up and touched them, saying, 'Stand up, do not be afraid.'
8 And when they raised their eyes they saw no one but Jesus.
Reading 2, Second Timothy 1:8-10
8 So you are never to be ashamed of witnessing to our Lord, or ashamed of me for being his prisoner; but share in my hardships for the sake of the gospel, relying on the power of God
9 who has saved us and called us to be holy -- not because of anything we ourselves had done but for his own purpose and by his own grace. This grace had already been granted to us, in Christ Jesus, before the beginning of time,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27
Gospel, John 13:16-20
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Atheism promoting demonic possession
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Are we under attack? Pope Francis declares battle and praises ...
- Herdsmen kill 19, including two priests in Nigeria
- Come Holy Spirit HD Video
- Pope Francis praises exorcisms while declaring Christian life a ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 27, 2018
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- California bill that could BAN THE BIBLE advances - Politics & Policy
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 28th, 2018 HD
- Little Miracle: Young boy dubbed 'super-human' after receiving life-saving operation HD
- St. Francis Prayer HD
- Prayer To St Michael For Personal Protection HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education