Daily Reading for Thursday, December 26th, 2013
Daily Reading for Thursday December 26, 2013
Reading 1, Acts 6:8-10; 7:54-59 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 31:3-4, 6, 7, 8, 17, 21 Gospel, Matthew 10:17-22
Reading 1, Acts 6:8-10; 7:54-59
8 Stephen was filled with grace and power and began to work miracles and great signs among the people.
10 They found they could not stand up against him because of his wisdom, and the Spirit that prompted what he said.
54 They were infuriated when they heard this, and ground their teeth at him.
57 All the members of the council shouted out and stopped their ears with their hands; then they made a concerted rush at him,
58 thrust him out of the city and stoned him. The witnesses put down their clothes at the feet of a young man called Saul.
59 As they were stoning him, Stephen said in invocation, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.'
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 31:3-4, 6, 7, 8, 17, 21
3 You are my rock, my rampart; true to your name, lead me and guide me!
4 Draw me out of the net they have spread for me, for you are my refuge;
6 you hate those who serve useless idols; but my trust is in Yahweh:
7 I will delight and rejoice in your faithful love! You, who have seen my misery, and witnessed the miseries of my soul,
8 have not handed me over to the enemy, but have given me freedom to roam at large.
17 I call on you, Yahweh, so let disgrace fall not on me, but on the wicked. Let them go down to Sheol in silence,
21 Blessed be Yahweh who works for me miracles of his faithful love (in a fortified city)!
Gospel, Matthew 10:17-22
17 'Be prepared for people to hand you over to sanhedrins and scourge you in their synagogues.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 132:11, 12, 13-14, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 6:19-23
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD Video
- The Catholic Church's Role with Refugees in the U.S.
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of ...
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - John 3:16 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education