Daily Reading for Friday, June 14th, 2013
Daily Reading for Friday June 14, 2013
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 4:7-15 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:10-11, 15-16, 17-18 Gospel, Matthew 5:27-32
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 4:7-15
7 But we hold this treasure in pots of earthenware, so that the immensity of the power is God's and not our own.
8 We are subjected to every kind of hardship, but never distressed; we see no way out but we never despair;
9 we are pursued but never cut off; knocked down, but still have some life in us;
11 Indeed, while we are still alive, we are continually being handed over to death, for the sake of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus, too, may be visible in our mortal flesh.
12 In us, then, death is at work; in you, life.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:10-11, 15-16, 17-18
10 My trust does not fail even when I say, 'I am completely wretched.'
11 In my terror I said, 'No human being can be relied on.'
15 Costly in Yahweh's sight is the death of his faithful.
16 I beg you, Yahweh! I am your servant, I am your servant and my mother was your servant; you have undone my fetters.
17 I shall offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of Yahweh.
18 I shall fulfil my vows to Yahweh, witnessed by all his people,
Gospel, Matthew 5:27-32
27 'You have heard how it was said, You shall not commit adultery.
31 'It has also been said, Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a writ of dismissal.
32 But I say this to you, everyone who divorces his wife, except for the case of an illicit marriage, makes her an adulteress; and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:4-5, 29-30, 31-32, 33-34
Gospel, Matthew 6:24-34
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- The Catholic Church's Role with Refugees in the U.S.
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - John 3:16 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education