Ezekiel - Chapter 18
- « Prev
- Next »
1 The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
2 'Why do you keep repeating this proverb in the land of Israel: The parents have eaten unripe grapes; and the children's teeth are set on edge?
5 'But if a man is upright, his actions law-abiding and upright,
6 and he does not eat on the mountains or raise his eyes to the foul idols of the House of Israel, does not defile his neighbour's wife or touch a woman during her periods,
8 does not lend for profit, does not charge interest, abstains from evil, gives honest judgement between one person and another,
10 'But if he has a son prone to violence and bloodshed, who commits one of these misdeeds-
19 'Now, you say, "Why doesn't the son bear his father's guilt?" If the son has been law-abiding and upright, has kept all my laws and followed them, most certainly he will live.
20 The one who has sinned is the one who must die; a son is not to bear his father's guilt, nor a father his son's guilt. The upright will be credited with his uprightness, and the wicked with his wickedness.
24 'But if the upright abandons uprightness and does wrong by copying all the loathsome practices of the wicked, is he to live? All his upright actions will be forgotten from then on; for the infidelity of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, he will most certainly die.
25 'Now, you say, "What the Lord does is unjust." Now listen, House of Israel: is what I do unjust? Is it not what you do that is unjust?
29 And yet the House of Israel says, "What the Lord does is unjust." Is what I do unjust, House of Israel? Is it not what you do that is unjust?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 42:2-3; 43:3, 4
Gospel, John 10:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The Eucharist's Importance to the Life of the Church
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Earth Day 2018: We are stewards of Creation, and we must act like it
- Every Earth Day, Remember Our Place in Creation HD Video
- The Christian Duty: A mission of leading others to Jesus
- Two Leaves Tea at Catholic Online Shopping HD Video
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 23, 2018
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- Pope Francis: World War III has begun - Third Secret of Fatima gives ...
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- Beautiful Divine Mercy One Decade Rosary at Catholic Online Shopping HD
- St. Gemma Galgani HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education