Daily Reading for Monday, January 16th, 2017
Daily Reading for Monday January 16, 2017
Reading 1, Hebrews 5:1-10 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 110:1, 2, 3, 4 Gospel, Mark 2:18-22
Reading 1, Hebrews 5:1-10
2 he can sympathise with those who are ignorant or who have gone astray, because he too is subject to the limitations of weakness.
4 No one takes this honour on himself; it needs a call from God, as in Aaron's case.
6 and in another text: You are a priest for ever, of the order of Melchizedek.
8 he learnt obedience, Son though he was, through his sufferings;
9 when he had been perfected, he became for all who obey him the source of eternal salvation
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 110:1, 2, 3, 4
3 Royal dignity has been yours from the day of your birth, sacred honour from the womb, from the dawn of your youth.
Gospel, Mark 2:18-22
18 John's disciples and the Pharisees were keeping a fast, when some people came to him and said to him, 'Why is it that John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not?'
19 Jesus replied, 'Surely the bridegroom's attendants cannot fast while the bridegroom is still with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
21 No one sews a piece of unshrunken cloth on an old cloak; otherwise, the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and the tear gets worse.
22 And nobody puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins too. No! New wine into fresh skins!'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 5:2-3, 5-6, 7
Gospel, Matthew 5:38-42
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis: 'God works in mysterious ways...'
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Pope Francis: Abortion of the sick and mentally ill is a 'Nazi mentality'
- St. Romuald: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Pope's climate warning to oil-gas executives: 'There is no time to lose'
- BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: New strain of pandemic flu that kills 4-in-10 ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 18th, 2018 HD
- Addicted to social media and online games? HereĂ˘Â€Â™s how to break the spell HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education