Daily Reading for Thursday, March 28th, 2013
Daily Reading for Thursday March 28, 2013
Reading 1, Isaiah 61:1-3, 6, 8-9 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:21-22, 25, 27 Gospel, Luke 4:16-21 Reading 2, Revelation 1:5-8
Reading 1, Isaiah 61:1-3, 6, 8-9
2 to proclaim liberty to captives, release to those in prison, to proclaim a year of favour from Yahweh and a day of vengeance for our God, to comfort all who mourn
3 (to give to Zion's mourners), to give them for ashes a garland, for mourning-dress, the oil of gladness, for despondency, festal attire; and they will be called 'terebinths of saving justice', planted by Yahweh to glorify him.
8 For I am Yahweh: I love fair judgement, I hate robbery and wrong-doing, and I shall reward them faithfully and make an everlasting covenant with them.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:21-22, 25, 27
25 I shall establish his power over the sea, his dominion over the rivers.
27 So I shall make him my first-born, the highest of earthly kings.
Gospel, Luke 4:16-21
17 and they handed him the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. Unrolling the scroll he found the place where it is written:
19 to proclaim a year of favour from the Lord.
20 He then rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the assistant and sat down. And all eyes in the synagogue were fixed on him.
21 Then he began to speak to them, 'This text is being fulfilled today even while you are listening.'
Reading 2, Revelation 1:5-8
5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the First-born from the dead, the highest of earthly kings. He loves us and has washed away our sins with his blood,
8 'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27
Gospel, John 13:16-20
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Herdsmen kill 19, including two priests in Nigeria
- Come Holy Spirit HD Video
- Atheism promoting demonic possession
- Pope Francis praises exorcisms while declaring Christian life a ...
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 27, 2018
- Are we under attack? Pope Francis declares battle and praises ...
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- California bill that could BAN THE BIBLE advances - Politics & Policy
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 28th, 2018 HD
- Little Miracle: Young boy dubbed 'super-human' after receiving life-saving operation HD
- St. Francis Prayer HD
- Prayer To St Michael For Personal Protection HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education