Colossians - Chapter 1
FREE Catholic Classes
6 that came to you in the same way as it is bearing fruit and growing throughout the world. It has had the same effect among you, ever since you heard about the grace of God and recognised it for what it truly is.
9 That is why, ever since the day he told us, we have never failed to remember you in our prayers and ask that through perfect wisdom and spiritual understanding you should reach the fullest knowledge of his will
12 giving thanks with joy to the Father who has made you able to share the lot of God's holy people and with them to inherit the light.
15 He is the image of the unseen God, the first-born of all creation,
16 for in him were created all things in heaven and on earth: everything visible and everything invisible, thrones, ruling forces, sovereignties, powers -- all things were created through him and for him.
18 and he is the Head of the Body, that is, the Church. He is the Beginning, the first-born from the dead, so that he should be supreme in every way;
19 because God wanted all fullness to be found in him
20 and through him to reconcile all things to him, everything in heaven and everything on earth, by making peace through his death on the cross.
21 You were once estranged and of hostile intent through your evil behaviour;
23 as long as you persevere and stand firm on the solid base of the faith, never letting yourselves drift away from the hope promised by the gospel, which you have heard, which has been preached to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become the servant.
24 It makes me happy to be suffering for you now, and in my own body to make up all the hardships that still have to be undergone by Christ for the sake of his body, the Church,
25 of which I was made a servant with the responsibility towards you that God gave to me, that of completing God's message,
26 the message which was a mystery hidden for generations and centuries and has now been revealed to his holy people.
28 this is the Christ we are proclaiming, admonishing and instructing everyone in all wisdom, to make everyone perfect in Christ.
29 And it is for this reason that I labour, striving with his energy which works in me mightily.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:34-35, 36-37, 39-40, 43, 44
Gospel, Matthew 19:16-22
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Pope Francis: Discover the beauty of prayer in adoration
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, August 19th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 HD Video
- 'Remember Me' - Should Catholics talk to their dead loved ones?
- Catholic aid agency to US government: Don't cut foreign aid funding
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- A Mother's Hand Guided the Bullets: John Paul II, Forgiving a ...
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Labor Department rule aims to widen religious freedom protection for ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 19th, 2019 HD
- NEW COURSE - Confirmation with 'Certificate of Completion' - COMING SOON!
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, August 16th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.